MOTHER'S DAYS
Sunday, May 9 -- the 2nd Sunday is the traditional United States celebration. When I got up there was a bouquet of pink, yellow and white oleander flowers in the middle of the table. They smelled so sweet.

I woke Gerhard to tell him "Thank you for the beautiful flowers!" He was not too sleepy to think quickly and tell me that the duende had brought them. Good duende, it washes the car and cleans up the house and yard, and now it brings flowers.

Later, when I walked further into the living room, there were the duende's clothes still on the couch :)
The evening was spent visiting with children who called to talk to the missionaries. It was a turn-around from when we used to wait for the missionaries to call home. Now we talk about how they are celebrating Mother's Day with their wives and husbands and how the grandchildren are growing and getting along. We treasure the expressions of love, and appreciate the blessing of being able to talk frequently.
Monday was the Mexican Mother's Day, and we had one more phone call; all week long, we shared Felicitaciones with the temple workers and finally touched base with Elena, the last of the phone calls. Saturday evening the Priesthood of Centro Ward made a taco supper to honor the women. That was a fun evening and we love those members of our little ward.
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~Elizabeth Stone
For years my mother kept secret the comment by the doctor who attended my appendicitis operation when I was three years old. She worried that I would never be able to have children. We are grateful for the blessing of having four wonderful sons and three precious daughters. We pray that they and their children will always be faithful and contribute to a better world.
Well, you could look at this several different ways:
ReplyDelete1. At least the duende won't be translated soon.
2. You can teach an old duende new tricks.
It is all in the way you want to spin your life/paradigm shift etc.
I am proud of the duende for bringing you flowers for Mothers Day. Good job Dad, er, I mean duende. LOLOLOLOL.