Wednesday, July 21, 2010



Happy Anniversary, July 24, Oma and Opa!

Now Mom has lost it, did I hear you say that?
I know -- Oma and Opa are not here to celebrate their 74th wedding anniversary on July 24th with family and friends. Maybe they can celebrate in heaven, only now it will be July 20, 2010 they are commemorating. Yesterday they were given the chance to become an eternal family as they were sealed by proxy. The shared efforts of their family have been successful and Gerhard's hope has been realized. He had such a happy smile in the sealing room as he thanked those who had stayed after the session to be the sealer and the witnesses!
  1. Opa's brothers Josef Anton and Georg were sealed to their wives.
  2. We were proxies for Oma and Opa; then an Hermano Carillo (who is leaving on his mission today) was proxy for Albert Günther and Walter Günther. It was touching to have a young person who needed to be helped in his part to represent the sons.
  3. Oma was also sealed to her parents (Franziska Erath and Johannn Georg Marquart).
  4. Oma's great-aunt Ursula Ehrat was sealed to her parents, Katharina Ziegler and Konstantin Ehrat (who is Oma's great-grandfather and he was sealed to his parents Georg Ehret and M. Anna Fundel).
  5. Two Sebastian Lohners appeared -- Oma's real great grandfather, born Dec 30 1823, and his brother who was born 17 Jan and died 2 Feb 1823 were correctly identified by separating out duplicate records, so the baby Sebastian was sealed to his parents yesterday.
  • Here is the fun part and shows that Gerhard's detective skills have developed.
  1. Oma's dad, Johann Georg Marquart and his wife Anna Maria Schlegel were sealed. So far no children have shown up for that marriage.
  2. A sister to Anna Maria Schlegel, Maria Anna Miessler, was sealed to their parents, Johann Miessler and Katharina Moeslang, who were sealed on this big day.
  3. Johann and a brother, Ulrich, were sealed to their parents, Thomas Miesler and M. Anna Rid.
There are 2 email addresses listed on the Miesler line, so it looks like there is more fun ahead.

Happy Pioneer Day to you from your pioneers in family history. Keep the faith
US

2 comments:

  1. I just "happened" upon your blog. Fun to catch up on what's been going on in your life. You two look happy. We miss you around here. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bro. and Sister Schill! That is all really interesting. I just got back from the Priesthood Meeting. I was thinking of you and wondering how you are doing? I haven't been good at keeping in touch. How has the rain been in your area? I know that Chiapas, and Oaxaca has been really hit! How is the temple work doing? I am sure that you are both a great help. Things here are good and fall is getting ready to set in. Cathy is serving a Family History mission from home and I am serving as Institute director for both Stakes. We meet in the old relief society building, it is a really neat place to have it... Some times I really feel good about it all and some times, not quite so good. I am sure that you know about highs and lows. Take care, and enjoy. Now sister Schill don't laugh at my poor spelling and bad grammer. Frank H

    ReplyDelete