Sunday, June 6, 2010

This week we have a surprise to write about. It was fun!

All May was Mother's Day celebrations -- in Centro Ward, at wards we visited, with friends, and even a duende surprise at home. I thought we would be through celebrating, since June has its own events, but I was surprised.
During the previous week, Bro. Elías Caballero, one of the Temple guards, had several conversations with Gerhard that I wasn't invited to be part of. I could hear Gerhard saying, "No," but that is nothing new.
The afternoon of Tuesday, June 1, Bro. Caballero came to the house and they talked outside the door. This time I asked what the secret was, but got a round-about answer. Later Gerhard told me that Bro. Caballero had arranged with the Sánchez trio to serenade us and the Richards, and that the sister missionaries and Sister Cabañas and her daughter would be coming over at 9:00 P.M.
"That would be very appropriate," I thought, "since our anniversary is June 1 and the Richards celebrate theirs on June 3." We prepared a little treat for everyone and went about our usual activities.
Just before 9:00 the Richards arrived. She was in her pajama bottoms and slippers, because he hadn't told her ahead of time what was happening, just said that they needed to go over to our place right then.
Bro. Cornelio arrived with his two sons, their guitars and maracas and they introduced their songs as a Mother's Day presentation.
Bro. Caballero was happy that the surprise had been a success.
We said, "Thank you very much, but Surprise! This is our 46th wedding anniversary." "Surprise! June 3 is our 54th anniversary," laughed the Richards.

The music was wonderful and they even made up some lyrics just for the occasion.
After half an hour they said they had to go, but we said, "We have ice cream and cookies for a Surprise. Everyone stay and eat a little." So they did, and then sang some more until 10:00.

What a nice surprise for our anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment