http://www.mormontimes.com/people_news/people_church/?id=6385Daniel H. Ludlow was impressive in his work and in his church.
He served as the head of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints correlation department for 15 years.
He was the editor of the Encyclopedia of Mormonism. He served as the first director of the BYU Semester Abroad in Israel and directed tours to Israel, Mexico and Central America.
He was a regional representative, an ordained temple worker, a branch president and president of the Australia Perth Mission.
He wrote books and taught religion, serving as dean of religious instruction and director of the Institute of Mormon Studies.
In 1960, I was a freshman from little Camas County High School in Fairfield, Idaho where our Senior class consisted of 18 students. That year BYU enrolled 25,000 students, which meant that I felt lost among so many students for much of the day. However, Book of Mormon class with Brother Ludlow was a place of inspiration and peace. His lessons were filled with spiritual truths and practical counsel to help us live the Gospel. Last year as a Gospel Doctrine teacher in the Dublán Ward of Colonia Dublán, Mexico, I took out my notebooks from his classes, my resources for almost 50 years.
It was a privilege to be his student, and I appreciate his influence on my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment