Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Today was a milestone day! After my dad died, I spoke his journals and papers with the thought of putting them into digital form and having them available for children and grandchildren to profit from. Teaching, Church work, gradeschool board occupied most of the time, but I kept typing away at his Oakland Temple Visitors' Center journal . Sometimes going into the computer or taking the laptop into the kitchen was a way to escape less-pleasant situations.

As we made plans for our mission, we found that Daddy and Mother had experienced similar situations--and when we began our mission in Mérida, it was good to read how they had survived when they landed in a big city and how they were blessed.
We chose a copy shop that made nice spiral-bound books with colored pages for the pictures and explanations that accompanied some of the entries. The FedEx people came to our home to package the books and this little family history project went on its way.

This same night I found messages Lynn had sent with 22 pictures from that time. It would have been so nice to include them in the book, but I will put a few here and save them on a CD with the journal. If someone else wants a print copy, we can include those pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment