This morning at 9:00 we didn't have enough Priesthood for a session, but there were enough women to do the preliminary ordinances, so they began with a mother and her daughter. The daughter hadn't done those since she was endowed a couple of years ago. I felt she would enjoy hearing the promises again. They asked for more names so they could stay longer.
About 11:00 another woman came for a session, but she hadn't participated in the preliminary ordinances since her endowment 14 years ago. I encouraged her to join the sisters and when it was time to finish at noon she would have liked to stay, too.
I love the preliminary ordinances. The sisters are so kind and show so much love to each participant that this is a really good experience. Participants understand more about the endowment and why the sealing is so important. They also gain a better understanding of how much Heavenly Father loves us and they are strengthened in doing what is right.
Yay!!!! I love your blog. This is going to be great to be able to see all your pictures and read about your experiences.
ReplyDelete