Sunday, October 3, 2010


One afternoon at the temple a little booklet on the registrar's desk caught my attention. It was the story of a Mayan sister, Sixta Martínez, who joined the Church and has raised a numerous, righteous posterity. The booklet had a note that it was to be given to Sister Theresa Fernández, so when I handed it to her, I asked about the story. She said it was the story of her mother-in-law that had been written by a former president of the Mérida México Temple and published by the Museo de Historia del Mormonismo en México.
Searching to see if that book is still available sounded like the kind of detective work I love. First I Googled the museum and found a website and an email address for President Gómez. He promptly replied to my inquiry with good news--the books are available and cost only 10 pesos.
The next idea was that we could order one for each temple worker who has a regular shift. Sis. Richards agreed to have the book be a Christmas gift to show our appreciation for the Mayan culture and the faithfulness of those who accept the Gospel in this area.
We sent a bank draft to the Museum and within a week two packages arrived with our order.

No comments:

Post a Comment